1. Reverse engineer from scanned photo tracings. Sometimes, I wanted to reverse engineer a part where I didn’t need precise measurements for most of its geometry. Remodeling from a photo, along with calipers when I needed more resolution, has proven to be a very efficient approach. One particularly compelling trick is to put flanges and other flat interfaces directly on the glass of the office scanner. Sketching over those images easily achieves similar resolution to most 3D printers. Years ago, I modeled most of the castings on this ‘78 Beetle Transmission in SpaceClaim by tracing carefully taken photographs and scans of its flanges. 2. 3D sketch on top of images. The next step is to try actual 3D sketching on top of images. Below are some examples I did by 3D sketching on MC Escher lithographs using a technique substantially similar to the basic approach used in the video. 3D models from photos Now let’s take a look on how to to accomplish this basic tric...
Comments
Post a Comment